- Average number of car accidents in the .U.S. every year is 6 million.
- More than 90 people die in car accidents everyday.
- 3 million people in the U.S. are injured every year in car accidents.
- Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year.
- 1 in 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving.
- Seatbelts reduce the risk of death by 45%.
- Seatbelts cut the risk of serious injury by 50%.
- People not wearing a seatbelt are 30 times more likely to be ejected from the vehicle during a crash.
Crashes Result in
- 6% Fatality
- 27% Non-fatality injury
- 72% Property damage
Typical Causes of Accidents that Result in Death
- Alcohol 40%
- Speeding 30%
- Reckless Driving 33%
- Each day, more than 9 people are killed due to distracted driving.
- More than 1060 people are injured in crashes that involve a distracted driver.1 out of 3 people text while driving.
- You are 23 times more likely to crash while texting while driving.
- Distraction was reported as a factor in nearly 1 in 5 crashes in which someone was injured.
- 40% of all American teens say that they have been in a car when the driver used a cell phone in a way that put people in danger.
- Driving while using a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37%.
Sending or receiving a text takes a driver’s eyes from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds, the equivalent of driving the length of an entire football field blind.