This West Virginia DMV permit practice test, with multiple choice questions, is intended to help you prepare for West Virginia written knowledge test that is required before you can get your driver’s license. Passing the West Virginia DMV permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive driving practice tests with high-quality images. Study for this driver’s license practice test is completely free.
If you have completed a defensive driving course, you may be able to save on your auto insurance premiums when buying a new or used car either by financing, leasing or through bank car loan.
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 1 (Signs)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 2 (Signs)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 3 (Rules)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 4 (Rules)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 5 (Rules)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 6 (Rules)
West Virginia DMV Practice Test – Quiz 7 (Rules)
What You Need to Know Before Taking the West Virginia DMV Practice Test
Are you 15 ½ years old and ready to take the West Virginia DMV practice test? Then there are several things you need to know.
The test can be taken at the DMV Regional Office or the DMV Exam Center. You will need to take a vision test, pay the $5 permit fee, and provide the following documents:
- Birth certificate or valid U.S. passport
- Social security card
- Completed driver’s license application
- Driver’s eligibility certificate that is issued by your school board
- Two documents that prove you are a West Virginia resident
Taking the Test
Studying before hand is a must. In order to pass, you must correctly answer at least 19 of the 25 questions that are based on the West Virginia driver’s handbook. You will most likely be asked about:
- Pavement markings and what they mean
- Speed limits on highways, residential areas, and school zones
- Proper use of headlights
- Child safety seat regulations
- Driving in fog or snow
- Legal u-turns
It is mandatory for permit holders to complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training, and your parent or guardian must log your hours on the 50-hour certification log.
- You will be required to drive with a licensed driver that is at least 21 years of age
- Driving hours are between 5 a.m and 10 p.m.
- No cell phone use is permitted
- All occupants must wear a seatbelt at all times
We have a practice test specifically designed for residents of West Virginia. When you are ready to test your knowledge or if you need more information, contact us.