This Montana DMV practice test, with multiple-choice questions, is intended to help you prepare for the Montana written knowledge test that is required before you can get your driver’s license. Passing the Montana DMV permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive driving practice tests with high-quality images. The study for this driver’s license practice test is completely free.
Anyone who operates a motor vehicle or motor-driven cycle on public roadways in Montana is required to have a license. It is mandatory to have and maintain proof of vehicle liability insurance on the vehicle being operated. The Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) program is a three-step progressive program that allows new drivers under the age of 18 to develop and improve their driving skills in the safest environment possible.
Montana DMV Practice Test: Make sure you pass the real test
Before you take the real Montana driving test, you might want to check out a Montana DMV practice test. Why? To be sure you pass the real test the first time. If you don’t pass it the first time, you have to make another appointment, wait, then try again. But why do that to yourself? Just study, take a practice test to be sure you are ready and then pass it the first time.
What types of questions do you need to be able to answer?
- When you hear an emergency vehicle siren, what do you do?
- If you want to turn at an intersection, how far in advance do you need to turn on your turn signal?
- What type of sign is fluorescent pink?
- What type of sign is a yellow circle?
- What do you need to do when you see a school zone sign?
- What is the difference between a steady red light, a steady red arrow light, and a flashing red light?
- What is the difference between a solid yellow line and a broken yellow line?
- The state of Montana has reversible lanes – what are those and how do you know you are in one?
- What is the speed limit on Urban Area Highways and Two-Lane Highways?
- Who has the right of way in a crosswalk?
- Does a pedestrian have a right of way if crossing in the middle of the street?
- What happens if you are stopped for drinking and driving?
Those are just a few of the hundreds of questions the real test could ask. The best way to know the answers is to take one or more practice tests. If you aren’t sure where to find a practice test, just contact us and we will help you.