This Massachusetts permit test, with multiple-choice questions, is intended to help you prepare for the Massachusetts written knowledge test that is required before you can get your driver’s license. Passing the Permit Practice Test MA is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive driving practice tests with high-quality images. The study for this driver’s license practice test is completely free.
If you are a Massachusetts resident (or even a non-resident), you must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle on any public road, highway, or other way permitting access to the public. No person under the age of 16 may drive in Massachusetts. The information on which the applicant will be tested is on this website. Typically, the test is offered in an automated format with allotted completion time.
Steps Toward Passing your Massachusetts Permit Test
Passing the Permit Practice Test MA is the first step toward obtaining a driver’s license in The Bay State. Here are some things you should know in order to be fully prepared to take this exam.
In order to take the Massachusetts permit test, you should be at least 16 years of age. You will also need:
- An application, which can be obtained online or at each branch office. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must sign this form.
- A written test fee of $30
- Proof of identification (birth certificate, Social Security card, passport or visa). All documents must be original and will be verified through the Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLIS) and the National Driver Registry (NDR).
- Vision screening or an RMV screening certificate from a medical provider
Testing Locations and Information
Permit tests are administered at the various locations of the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMS). The information contained in the test is taken directly from the state’s driver’s manual and contains 25 questions on driving laws and safe operating practices. You are allotted up to 25 minutes to take the test and must answer at least 18 questions correctly in order to pass. The test is given in computer format via kiosks located inside each RMS location.
A Massachusetts driving permit is valid for up to two years from the date it was first issued. This permit will enable you to operate a passenger vehicle, provided a licensed driver accompanies you who:
- Is at least 21 years of age
- Has at least one year of driving experience
- Occupies the passenger’s seat next to you
Permit holders who are under 18 may not operate between the hours of midnight and 5:00 am unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also a licensed driver.
Obtaining a Massachusetts driving permit is easy, provided you study the state’s operating manual. For more information on obtaining your permit in Massachusetts, contact us.